Dance Waterloo is an inventive and community-based organization whose goal is to provide fun, affordable, and approachable ways to create movement for people of all ages and abilities and to reinforce our passion and belief that everyone benefits from movement! We offer several classes and programs that make dance more approachable to communities both locally and nationwide.
StoryBook Dance Making
- Learn the key elements in creating a dance while working together as a family
- Activities include storybook reading, creating choreography as a family, and a mini-performance
Low Impact for High Impact
- Donation-based workshop
- The workshop focus is on a variety of topics such as Constructive Rest, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, and Storytelling Through Improvisation
- 100% of proceeds go to organizations founded by and/or prominently serve BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and those with disabilities
- In-person outdoor class for families and children in Elementary school
- High-energy follow-along dances to a variety of beats with guided improvisation jam
Private Dance Classes
We offer affordable private, customized classes, workshops, and programs for individuals, groups, and businesses, too! Virtual and in-person options available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Bring movement and creativity into your home with Dance Waterloo’s Homebody Kit!
The kit includes a storybook, tote bag, sticker, bookmark that can be colored, and a 30-day movement activity challenge for families.
Statement of Accessibility
Dance Waterloo’s programs and performances are accessible for all. If you anticipate needing any accommodation type or have questions about the accessibility provided, please email email@example.com in advance.